Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A day to remember...

I am exhausted in every way possible right now... but I wanted to say a few quick words before I forget this day!

Today was the day of the termination trial for J & A's biological Mother. It weighed heavy on my heart last night and most of the morning. We were not required or advised to be at the court house while the trial was taking place so I had decided on taking a course for work about an hour away from home in another office. I figured it would help to keep my mind off things & possibly make the day go faster. 

Around 11:00am this morning, I received word from our Social Worker that Biological Mom had voluntarily surrendered her parental rights. I cried. I wanted to stand on a tall building & scream! It was a mix of emotions that I've been carrying for 2 years. 

Yes, it is a day for us to 'celebrate' as we can move forward with our adoption plans. It is something we have been praying for. It is something our family has stood by with us and prayed as well. It's the right choice & best decision that has been made for our daughters. 

Am I happy? YES! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to know that this is finally a reality! 
But, I'm also sad. Sad in a sense that I know someday, Biological Mom is going to have to face her decision and realize the effects of her past. So, I pray for her and I let it go, finally. 

We cannot begin to thank everyone that has prayed for us and accepted these 2 little girls into their lives and shown them love, laughter, joy, etc. It is overwhelming! And we certainly couldn't have gotten thru some of the rough times without them. Now it's onto the next step in our journey... 

Just believe! ♥

6 comments:

Miranda Hartrampf said...

YAY, congratulation

Marissa said...

what an amazing feeling you must be having :) CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family! I can only imagine what you must be feeling and biological mom will have many things to deal with later but you have those beautiful children and things are moving in the right direction for you and your family :)

Liz said...

SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! The girls couldnt ask for better parents and you both deserve each other more than words can say. I cried when I got your text yesterday, Im so happy its finally coming to reality! We love you both and we love our nieces and cant wait to watch them grow up with you! :) XOXO

Ginger @ GReads! said...

You believed.. and it happened ♥

I love you Tammy & can not express in to words how this news made me feel when you called me yesterday. Beyond happiness is an understatement. FINALLY this journey's path is headed in the right direction.

Tara said...

I can understand the mixed emotions. Its fantastic for you and your daughters, but adoption can't be separated from the reality of loss. We are just beginning the adoption process, so these things have been on my mind lately. I just found you through Toddler Talk Thursday, and I'm so glad!

Unknown said...

Wonderful news!