Monday, September 20, 2010

Lucky Number 13

It was a beautiful Saturday in September 13 years ago that Chris & I vowed in front of our close family & friends to love one another, honor one another till death do us part. I remember the day well... mostly because the big day was really just deja vu of what took place the night before!

It's always been a funny thing, our wedding anniversary. We had been engaged for over a year and we started meeting with the local church preacher to discuss our ceremony, marriage in general and the future. Our preacher express concern over wanting to get married outdoors instead of in the church and as it turned out, we both agreed. So, together we all decided to have a small ceremony the night before the actual day in the church right before our rehearsal. My Mom & Dad were present, Chris' Mom, My Sister & Chris' Brother (Maid of Honor & Best Man) as witnesses. We said our quick "I do's" and then headed off to rehearsal as Mr. & Mrs., however everyone was sworn to secrecracy! The rest of the bridal party, friends & family never knew the actual big day was all just a show, so-to-speak! We did have a more elaborate cermony on Saturday of course and the reception was one to remember.

Today we still joke about how we have a 2-day anniversary. Although 13 years have passed, it's still a favorite memory. Life has become more complicated, more busy and more fulfilling but, one thing still remains and that is our love for each other. My husband is my best friend, my knight in shining armour and Prince Charming all rolled into one. I cannot wait to see what the next 13 years brings. ♥

No comments: