Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 13, 2011

As most of you know, our adoption was finalized on Friday, May 13th (yay for Friday the 13th being a GOOD day for once!). It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, our faces were all smiles and everything went smoothly. We weren't really sure what to expect having never been thru this before so everything was new. The 'ceremony' itself only took about 15 minutes but for some reason it felt like we were in there for an hour!

They went thru the legal stuff, then asked each of us to tell what the girls have meant to us for the past 2 years. After some tears, a few deep breaths and some tissues - I finally was able to get out exactly how much they have changed my life. Then of course, there were more tears! Our witnesses and dear friends, Markie & Liz both spoke about each of us as parents and then our social worker also spoke to the judge about us. It was a very heartfelt & emotional day. I was literally drained by the time we got done.

We all went out for a bite to eat afterwards and just enjoyed the rest of the afternoon with each other. I love my family. ♥

This day was truly special and one I will never forget.

There were MANY, MANY pictures taken... without ovewhelming you with all of them here is a collage. I didn't really edit the pictures or anything so they aren't perfect (but they are perfect to me!).






4 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

Congrats!!! The pictures look great!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful news! What a beautiful family!

Unknown said...

A "Forever" Family