Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wordish Wednesday

It's been a bit of a crazy week here. Yes, I realize it's only Wednesday...

My Husband is an avid hunter and this week is the big "shot gun" week. Meaning he hunts with the club he belongs to all week, in the cold, walking thru local wooded areas, to bring home the meat. (Sorry to all of you animal lovers - don't hate!).

So because of this hobby, I am left with doing Mommy & Daddy duties. Which is tiring and it might make me appreciate the things he does a bit more... but just a bit.

Getting up in the morning to get myself ready, 2 little girls ready, take them to daycare and be to work by 8:45 is not so easy when I don't have that extra pair of hands helping out! But we have managed thus far so I'm sure the rest of the week will go just well. *fingers crossed*

By the end of the day, I am more than happy to give baths so we all can lay on the couch for a bit before bedtime. I think my 2 little girls are part fish!



After baths we watch the show of choice (Barney), the girls sip on some milk, we snuggle under the blankets and they are more than happy to go to bed at the end of the show. It's blissful!

I've been enjoying a cup of coffee & muffin after the house is quiet. I finished up my Christmas cards last night, organize the Christmas gifts one night (organized, not wrapped!) and maybe tonight I will get the laundry done... all in all.. it hasn't been so bad but I will sure be happy when things are back to "normal"! 

Mommy's Nighttime Bliss


7 comments:

Ginger @ GReads! said...

your type is itty bitty!

I really can't believe how much Abbie has grown up. She's not a baby anymore!! what happened?? ;-)

That muffin looks delicious. Did you have a book to go along with that nighttime bliss? :-)

Tammy said...

I fixed the font, lol! Sorry!!

I know, she is not my little baby anymore! :( Oh, it makes me so, so sad.

Of course I had a book... that's a given! hehe. ♥

Unknown said...

I only have one but it is always so much easier when my husband is in town to help out! So I kind of know how you feel! I love the water picture! You must have a awesome camera!

Jessica said...

I found your blog via 5 minutes for mom. I think it is just lovely and I love the pictures that you posted of your girls! (Especially the one with the splashing water!)I hope that the rest of this week goes smoothly for you! I definitely know how hard it is taking care of two little girls all alone!!! Hugs to you!!

Marissa said...

LOVE the bathtime pics :) So cute! I feel you, my husband is gone hunting all next week...so I'll be the mommy and the daddy too! Hang in there and hope your week continues to go smoothly!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

What an awesome shot! I love the font on your blog, too.

I've got a GIVEAWAY in the works come visit me! I need 100 followers before I can give away my surprise (retailed at $75)!

Lourie said...

Oh I love that action shot with the water splashing all around her.