Monday, May 2, 2011

Guest Blogger Spotlight --- Ginger from GReads!

Are you looking for a new blog to check out? Maybe get some advice, just connect with another Mommy or a really good story to make you laugh? Well, here at Don't Blink, I have decided to start a Blogger Spotlight! I will be featuring my favorite blogs that I visit frequently. They make me laugh, they offer advice and they deserve a spotlight feature so you can check them out, too! 


     
Please welcome my dear friend, Ginger from GReads!
Ginger & I have been 'online' friends for quite a while now and share a common thread of loving books (among other things)! She probably could be named as my number one source for book recommendations. I love her dearly and hopefully someday we will actually get to sit down, have a cup of coffee & discuss our favorite book at the moment.I took a few minutes to ask Ginger some questions and here are her lovely answers:

1. Where do you call "home"?
Geographically home would be the fourth largest city in the 2nd largest state.. Houston, TX
:-) but "home" to me is where ever my family is!

2. When did you start blogging?
I started my personal blog in 2008; however I didn't consider myself a "blogger" until I started my book blog GReads! in September of 2010.


{Please, please, PLEASE stop by Gingers awesome book blog, GReads! It's full of fantastic reviews, neat discussions and awesome everything. You won't be disappointed!}


3. Besides blogging, what do you like to do in your spare time?
These days my spare time consists of going to work Monday thru Friday, coming home to my sweet puppy Daisy, studying for classes (I am currently going back to school to be a teacher), and reading A LOT! Since I started my book blog reading has taken up the majority of my free time & I LOVE it!! When I am not lost in a book though, I spend a lot of my time with family.

4. Tell us about your family:
We are a unique bunch. Growing up in a household of four girls, with me being the youngest, there was never a dull moment. Though my sisters and I did not always get along, we still understood each other better than anyone else. I always had a friend there to keep me company. Being alone was never option. They have contributed so much as to who I am today. My father is the next most important person in my life. He has taught me so much about being independent & not being afraid to go after what I want. It never hurts to ask questions & seek answers. Though my family has gone through some pretty tough times, especially when we lost my mother to cancer -- somehow, somewhere we've managed to stick together & lean on one another. I wouldn't know who I am without them.


5. What is the one thing that can bring a smile to your face?
My 2 year old nephew Jude :-) he has brought so much joy to my life! It's amazing to see how much love one can have for such a tiny person. It warms my heart when I hear his little voice say, "Geeeengerrrr" <3!!!!!

6. Who is someone that has made a great impact on your life?
My mother. Her life truly amazes me the older I am getting. I still don't know how she did it all. The loving mother of four girls and the amazing wife to my dad. She was taken from us way too soon, that's for sure. I know she'd be proud of the woman I am today. The impact she had on my life is something I will always carry with me.
 From the littlest decisions, to the biggest.
I am always thinking of her.

7. What do you find is the most fun about blogging?
Since I run a book blog, I find the most joy in recommending an outstanding book to someone and in turn they end up loving it too. It puts the biggest smile on my face when I can talk all things books! Especially those really, really great ones that linger in my mind long after I put the book down.

The people I have met in this community are amazing as well. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few face to face and let me just say.. book lovers are the most sincere people I have ever met.

          8. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Target! I love that I can find everything I need there. Whether it be groceries, clothes, or things for my house. It's a one-stop-shop that I can do serious damage with the credit card in!

9. What are you looking forward to this Summer?
Turning 30 years old! I am so ready for the next decade of my life. I feel like I am done with my 20's. I've gone through the awkward stages of trying to "find myself". I've experienced all types of relationships, good and bad. I am ready to be content with where I am & move forward in a positive direction. I've been told your 30's are the best times of your life -- bring it on!!

10. What do you like to do to pamper/spoil yourself?
BOOKS!! duh :P When I am having a bad day I know a trip to the bookstore will always make it better. There's just something about walking in to a room stacked high with bookshelves, just waiting to be devoured. It's rare I walk out empty handed, but I have been known to do that. What's even better is visiting my Barnes & Noble who has a Starbucks inside, along with Cheesecake Factory desserts!!! That is heaven & hell all in one place!! Ha!



Thank you Tammy for featuring me on your blog :-)I love you to pieces (which you already know this!) and am so proud to call you my dear friend.

Thank YOU, Ginger for taking the time to be a guest blogger.
You know you mean the world to me!

Don't forget.. stop by GReads! to check out the latest in YA books.
This girl knows her stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be on the lookout for more great Guest Blogger Spotlights coming up!
You won't want to miss it!

Are you interested in becoming a Guest Blogger? I'd love to have you!
Please send me an e-mail at tammy{dot}schaper{at}gmail{dot}com to be featured!

No comments: